John Brown enrolled in the 17th Infantry on September 6, 1861, amongst the first. He was mustered in on January 3rd, 1862 at Calhoun for a three year enlistment in Company F. He was reduced to ranks from Sergeant July 1862. He was mustered out with his unit on January 23rd 1865. There are no additional remarks in the AG Report.
He is buried in Butler County near the old Graham School House at the Wilson-Martin Cemetery. The cemetery is located on the present day Josh and Missy Tichenor Farm. [Barry Goodall]
11:28 AM 5/30/2006